WOW! #MADPD far exceeded our wildest hopes and expectations! Thanks to the 60incredible presenters and hundreds of participants from around the globe our vision to make a difference for teachers and students across the globe became a reality! Together we learned, shared, challenged and supported one another. On May 7th we watched the #MADPD hashtag trend to as high as number two in Canada and by the end of the day there had been well over 2000 collective views of the videos.
So, WHAT’S NEXT??
- We will be working to make the MADPD website more user friendly, compiling the videos according to themes. You can still navigate to all the incredible videos on the landing page.
- We hope that people will continue to dig into all of the incredibly valuable videos that have been created. There are over 60 recordings of educators sharing their best ideas that make a difference for both themselves and their students. I have only watched 3 to date, I plan on viewing 2 to 3 each week and then blog about and/or share them via Twitter using the #MADPD hashtag. It would be great if others did the same.
- When you have one of those “AH HA” moments, make a break through, find an incredible resource or learn a powerful tool, please SHARE! You can do this simply by tweeting or creating a YouTube Live video to share! Better yet, invite a few educators to share your MAD idea with by having them join your YouTube Live event!
- We anticipate a #MADPDchat on a monthly (or semi monthly) basis.
- Of course, we will host our second annual #MADPD Event in 2018. If this is just the beginning we can’t wait to see what next year brings!
Again, thanks for all that YOU do to make a difference!
Pete and Derek